Friday, September 12, 2008

Tanner, Emaleigh, Liam

Question 6: Why do you think the author wrote this story?

We think the author wrote the story because he wants to teach us about Greek mythology and the different gods. We also think the author wants to entertain us with a good book so that we will read more. Another reason is that Percy is different and he gets in trouble a lot but he isn't really a bad kid. He is misunderstood and at Camp Half-Blood he is able to fit in. So the author could also be trying to teach us that just because some people have problems or they appear to be a certain way, that doesn't mean they are bad or that's who they really are. They just need someone to help them realize what they are capable of doing.

11 comments:

Feline Friend said...

I feel that Rick Riordan did have a purpose in writing his story. One can certainly discern that the author has much love and admiration for his family because of the characteristics that Percy displays. In my opinion, Mr. Riordan wrote the book as a "gift" to his son who definitely was a Greek Mythology fan!
In fact, after reading The Lightning Thief...who isn't a fan of Greek Mythology? Mrs. C

Mr. Capelle said...

I like your comments about not judging people until you really get to know them. Why do you think Grover chooses to be Percy's friend?

-Mr. Capelle

Anonymous said...

I think that Groover chose to be Percy's friend because Percy helped Groover when Nancy Bobofit was picking on Groover.

Katie

Anonymous said...

I think Grover chooses to be Percy's friend because he helps him when people try to bully Grover and he tries to protect Grover from danger.

Anonymous said...

I think Grover chose to be Percy's friend because he dosn't make fun of the thing he is.

Anonymous said...

I think Grover wanted to be Percy's friend because Percy seemed like a person that can stand up to bullies.Percy always acted mean to Nancy Bobofit because Nancy would do something more mean to other people.

Anonymous said...

I think that Grover would want to be Percy's freind, because Percy can stand up to bullies like Nancy Bobafett.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mr. Capelle it is wrong to judge people by the way they look.I also agree with the saying do not judge a book by its cover.

Anonymous said...

I think grover choses to be percys freind because grover might need someone like percy to get his searchers badge or he (grover) might want thinkes he has a strong aera.
tanner

Anonymous said...

We think that the author wrote this book because maybe he learned about greek mythology in grade school. We also think that he wrote this book because maybe he enjoyed greek mythology. We still think that he wrote about greek mythology because he adored it so much that he wanted other people to like greek mythology too.

Anonymous said...

I think the auther wrote his book because he wanted to teach kids about greek mythology in a fun way.